KDA maintains a dress code to encourage concentration and a sense of inclusiveness (variations in attire can be distracting and contribute to feelings of inequality).
Uniformity in dancewear allows the teachers to assess how well the students are implementing the technique being taught, problems with alignment, and other important aspects of dance training.
- Students should carry their dancewear, shoes, and other belongings in a dance bag.
- Please print your child’s name on the bag as well as on all of its contents.
- Dancewear is to be kept in good repair and laundered on a regular basis.
- Boys age 10 and older must wear a dance belt.
- Watches, jewelry, and safety pins should not be worn to class.
- Dance shoes should never be worn outside.
- Female students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face; neat bun is preferred.
- Students are expected to observe good personal hygiene habits. Deodorant is required for students age 10 and older.
- Students are expected to wear dance clothing. No big t-shirts, loose clothing, street clothing or excessive jewelry is allowed.
Creative Movement – Ballet pink tights, any solid color leotard with or without attached skirt. Hair must be pulled back off face.
Pre-Ballet – Pink leotard, pink ballet shoes (full sole) ballet pink tights. Hair must be secured away from the face and above the neckline.
Ballet I – Lavender leotard, pink ballet shoes (full sole) and ballet pink tights and hair pulled back in a bun.
Ballet II – Burgundy leotard, ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes and hair pulled back in a bun.
Ballet III – Black leotard, ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes and hair pulled back in a bun.
Ballet IV & V (Company) – Black leotard, ballet pink tights, pink ballet shoes/Pointe shoes, no jewelry and hair in bun.
On the first class of each month dancers may wear a skirt and any color leotard of their own choice. No other clothing other than what is listed above will be allowed in ballet class.
Black leotard, tan tights, black tap shoes. Black booty shorts or jazz pants may be worn. Company Dancers are required to wear Black Bloch Tap Flex Tap shoes.
Black Leotard, tan tights, black leather jazz shoe. Black booty shorts or black jazz pants may be worn. Company Dancers are required to wear Black Bloch “Super Jazz” shoes.
Black Leotard, tan tights, black jazz sneakers. T-shirts and sweatpants over leotard and tights are acceptable. Company Dancers are required to wear Black Gotta Flurt Combat Boots.